Friday, September 11, 2009

The everyday worker ant - and the grain of sugar!

Well...this is the opening article to my new blog, so I will try to set up definition to our central character –

“The Worker Ant”
    The worker ant is an everyday person seen almost everywhere- in you, me, the person sitting in the next cubicle, the person in your manager's cabin, and the security guard at the entrance gate too. Every worker ant dedicates its life into bringing that one grain of sugar home every day! Well, the definition of "grain-of-sugar" will change from person to person. Interestingly, most of the times, the ant's definition of grain-of-sugar is much different than what it brings home everyday - The 'unhappy' worker ant. And yet due to some kind of ROM boot (geek alert!!) program written in the brain, the ant carries that heavy grain of 'whatever' home. Some 'think' of it as sugar, some 'know' that it 'is' sugar, some don’t know why they are carrying it in the first place!
    We all have a grain of sugar in share for ourselves, just need to find it and know that it is the grain-of-sugar you were looking for all the while!
    The Ant who did not taste sugar for a long time, starts forgetting the taste! Exhausted and tired it picks up a grain of salt, and thinks, "this is the grain of sugar I was looking for - all this time". It takes some imagination to know what is sweet and what is not! What if you were always taught that the taste of salt was sweet, right from your childhood, right from when you started understanding the fact that taste can be described by words?
    Do not be astonished, but many of us have gone through that- being told what is sweet and what is not- and we learnt it that way! All said and done- take everything that I say with a grain of salt! ;)
    Well, my Ant rant can go forever! So I sign off here and take off to finding my own grain-of-sugar. The upcoming posts will certainly tell about things I learn while I set out to find my own grain-of-sugar...

---The worker Ant signs-off - only to sign-in tomorrow again....

No comments: